Dance Time Limits
Solo: 3 minutes maximum
Duet/Trio: 3 minutes maximum
Group/Line: 4 minutes maximum
Ext. Line: 5 minutes maximum
Production: 10 minutes maximum (includes set up and take down)
Competitive: Dancers who are experienced competitors
Pre-Competitive: Dancers who train 7 hours or less per week
Novice: Dancers who are new to competition
- A dancer who has competed in groups but not in a solo or duet/ trio may enter as a novice for a solo or duet/trio
- A group must be 80% novice in order to compete as a novice group/line
- Pre-Competitive duet/trio and group/lines must all be dancers who train 6 hours or less per week
- Studios entering small studio events must have 100 entries or less
- Ballet (Demi-Pointe)
- Hip Hop
- Street Dance (includes breakdance, crump, etc)
- Musical Theatre
- Song & Dance
- Step Dance (includes clogging)
- High School or University teams
Solo: 1 dancer
Duet: 2 dancers
Trio: 3 dancers
Group: 4-9 dancers
Line: 10-15 dancers
Ext. Line: 16 dancers & more (or a routine that will exceed 4 mins)
Age is determined as of December 31, 2018
NOTES TO REMEMBER
- Studio cheques should be made out to: Dancefest Inc.
- DANCEFEST prides itself on running a competition that is tight on times and can run ahead so dancers are urged to be ready to dance an hour and a half before scheduled time.
- It is the discretion of the judging panel whether to allow a dancer to “re-dance” after leaving the stage. It is also up to the judges whether a “re-dance” will be scored.
- Dance routines will only be placed on hold due to unforseen circumstances.
- Entry fees are not refunded without a doctor’s note.
- Any studio cheque that is returned NSF is subject to a $75 service charge.
- Independent entries are accepted at DANCEFEST.
- DANCEFEST will communicate with Studio Directors only regarding schedules, conflicts, etc.
- Photographers and videographers are contracted by DANCEFEST therefore any unauthorized use of camera/cell phone/video is strictly prohibited.
- DANCEFEST is not responsible for an stolen/lost items or any injury sustained at any location.
- DANCEFEST urges all studios to be diligent in keeping change areas clean and tidy.