Pageant is held at our Kitchener Waterloo venue only.
Dancers are featured with their headshots in the program or posted so a b/w headshot is required when registering.
Dancers are taught an opening routine in the morning followed by a lunch break and then an afernoon of interviews with the judges (competitors must be dressed in business casual attire of their choice) Solo competition is held in the evening.
Opening routine attire will be decided on by choreographer but it involves dancewear only, no costuming required.
Dancers are scored out of 25 marks for interview and 75 marks for solo. Scores are added together to determine placement.
MINI MISS DANCEFEST – 5-8 years of age
JUNIOR MISS DANCEFEST – 9-12 years of age
TEEN MISS DANCEFEST – 13-15 years of age
MISS DANCEFEST – 16 years +
MASTER DANCEFEST – 5-8 years of age
JUNIOR MR. DANCEFEST – 9-12 years of age
TEEN MR. DANCEFEST – 13-15 years of age
MR DANCEFEST – 16 years +
- There must be a minimum of 6 contestants in each category
- Dancers entering pageant must be entered in a competitive category at a DANCEFEST/2015 venue
- Title winners from the previous season are eligible only if entered an age up. Eg. Teen Miss Dancefest winner must enter Miss Dancefest if competing for title.
PAGEANT TITLE AWARDS
There will be a 3rd runner up, 2nd runner up, 1st runner up and title winner in each category (depending on number of entries).
3rd runner up – $200 cash award, acrylic trophy and flowers
2nd runner up – $300 cash award, acrylic trophy and flowers
1st runner up – $500 cash award, acrylic trophy and flowers
Winner – $800 cash award, acrylic trophy, crown and flowers
- Crown not included for male division
- All scholarship award cheques are made out to the studio.